Canada comes alive with sound, music and loads of fun during summer. Scores of tourists flock to the destination to join the different events and festivals held during the season.
We have listed the top six festivals/events celebrated in Canada during summers.
- Caribbean Festival Ontario: Celebrate the immense diversity, culture, cuisines and music of the Caribbean held in Toronto from July to August. It has attained significance as North America’s most important and anticipated cultural festival. The festival will enter its 48th year this summer.
- Jazz Festival at Montreal: Montreal can proudly claim to be the host of the largest jazz festival in the world. Hundreds of jazz concerts attract revellers in millions and the best part is that most of the concerts don’t require entry tickets. Apart from jazz, the festival also hosts concerts of different genres such as blues, reggae and electronica. This year, it will be held from 29th June to 9th July.
- Vancouver Fireworks: Fireworks, pyrotechnic show and music is what this festival in Vancouver is all about. The sky lights up with a spectacular display of fireworks. This annual celebration of light has since 1990 become one of the best in the world and pits the best designers and competitors against each other. For three nights, Vancouver’s sky dazzles with lights and sound.
- Halifax Busker Festival: This festival lasts for 6 days and is held in the month of July and August. The world’s top street performers display their exquisite skills and showcase their talents, leaving the audience enthralled and amused. Musicians, comedians, acrobats and dancers perform to the best of their abilities.
- Toronto International Film Festival: The Toronto Film Festival is held every year in the month of September. It is one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world and ranks only below the Cannes in terms of the presence of film stars. In fact, you are highly likely to spot your favourite film celebrity here.
- Cobuerg Sandcastle Festival: This annual festival is held in the month of July and is known for bringing together both amateur and professional sand sculptors. You can learn the nuances of sand sculpting or just laze around treating your eyes to the spectacular creations of the best artists.