Kuala Lumpur is one of the leading holiday destinations in Malaysia and visited by millions of tourists every year from global destinations especially UK. Here are some important tips to ensure a gratifying holiday to British travelers
Kuala Lumpur International Airport handles frequent services on flights with various leading international airlines including British Airways, EgyptAir, KLM Royal Dutch, Turkish Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, Etihad and Royal Jordanian.
- Kuala Lumpur is a tropical holiday destination, featuring a hot and humid weather year-round. Travelers arriving on flights from comparatively cooler places like the United Kingdom should keep this fact in mind. Wearing sunscreen, covered outfits, sunglasses and hats is must to minimize the odds of sunburn. Holidaymakers who are boarding flights during summers are advised to pack light cotton clothes while a light pullover is enough for winters.
- Being a tropical destination, holidaymakers can visit Kuala Lumpur all through the year. It is good to reserve seats on flights well in advance to avail cheap deals on KL bound flights.
- Kuala Lumpur is an Islamic city and locals are sensitive about their culture. Britons arriving on flights should dress modestly. Though, hot pants are allowed at certain places like malls and amusement parks, and wearing beachwear is not a problem while swimming at any private swimming pool. Decent dressing with covered legs and hands is must when visiting the religious places.
- KL locals are very much affable and renowned for their hospitality skills. Most of them invite tourist to their local residence and welcome with great warmth. Visitors must take off the shoes before entering the house.
- Although handshakes are very common in KL, some women can be found behaving a little orthodox.
- Public display of affection is not acceptable in Kuala Lumpur, though kissing on cheeks as a form of greeting is fine.
- For more information, Britons can check out the official FCO website that provides clear insight into various travel aspects.