Named after the farm, which is also the venue for the festival, Splashy Fen brings music lovers together for 5 days of music and a lot of fun.
The beautiful views of mountains, fantastic acoustics, and large fields that are used for camping and natural amphitheatres make Splashy Fen one of the most awaited annual festivals of South Africa. The farm is located in Underberg, KwaZulu-Natal.
Since 1990, when Splashy Fen started, the festival has evolved into one of the top music festivals in South Africa. The event is attended by thousands of revellers and music lovers from all around the globe. The festival is now considered as the ‘ultimate outdoor experience’. It is the brainchild of Bart Fokkens and late Peter Ferraz. The idea was born when they were having dinner with wine.
What’s in Store?
On the weekend of Easter 2016 (from 23rd to 27th March), Splashy Fen is going to host the annual comeback of the longest running music festival in South Africa. After all, it has turned 26 now! This year’s line up includes The Kickstands, Chico Muya, Dan Patlansky and Friends, Goodluck, Grassy Spark, Mango Groove and Xavier Rudd among others. The festival has also brought many new aspects in the game to ensure that fun multiplies sevenfold for the participants as well as the guests.
Check out some delightful facts on the festival.
- This year, the line-up is going to be diverse, and will ensure some of the best quality of beats and grooves.
- The festival is value for money with tickets being pretty affordable.
- The festival will encourage a positive social and community response from the local community and the artists.
- This year, the layout of the venue has been changed to provide a fresh new feel to the festival. However, best things have been kept intact.
- The security and safety measures have been increased to ensure a safe and secure atmosphere.
- There are going to be FIVE stages this year which makes the festival more musical, more magical.
- There will be better facilities to ensure smoother access to the festival.
- Camping facilities have been improved to ensure a convenient stay.
Apart from these aspects, facilities like supervised kids’ entertainment centres, an attractive full craft market and quality food and bar services with beer gardens have also been provided.